Google has asked the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for permission to conduct radio tests in the 76-77 GHz bands, probably as part of its ongoing autonomous vehicles research. Mountain View's application to the FCC has been published here, and was turned up by sharp-eyed Google-watcher Steven Crowley. …
obvious application is obvious
It's a radar to be integrated into cell phones, so that your phone can warn you of incoming lamp posts!
This has potential for Borgle AIs to communicate with their SI Borglebot ad swarms and to detect your 76-77 GHz emitter from your new Androids so they can find you anywhere for personal ad delivery.
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars