Google has asked the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for permission to conduct radio tests in the 76-77 GHz bands, probably as part of its ongoing autonomous vehicles research. Mountain View's application to the FCC has been published here, and was turned up by sharp-eyed Google-watcher Steven Crowley. …
obvious application is obvious
It's a radar to be integrated into cell phones, so that your phone can warn you of incoming lamp posts!
This has potential for Borgle AIs to communicate with their SI Borglebot ad swarms and to detect your 76-77 GHz emitter from your new Androids so they can find you anywhere for personal ad delivery.
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- Bose says today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent battle
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Review Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid: The plug-in for plutocrats