Google has asked the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for permission to conduct radio tests in the 76-77 GHz bands, probably as part of its ongoing autonomous vehicles research. Mountain View's application to the FCC has been published here, and was turned up by sharp-eyed Google-watcher Steven Crowley. …
obvious application is obvious
It's a radar to be integrated into cell phones, so that your phone can warn you of incoming lamp posts!
This has potential for Borgle AIs to communicate with their SI Borglebot ad swarms and to detect your 76-77 GHz emitter from your new Androids so they can find you anywhere for personal ad delivery.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- Driverless car SQUADRONS to hit Britain in 2015