For flash fettlers Fusion-io's finances, it isn’t spring yet – but nor is it the bleak mid-winter. Revenues are starting to look as if they are on a solid footing with sequential growth and reduced losses. Fusion-io makes PCIe flash cards and has suffered wrenching senior management changes, including the departure of the …
Yes they make some good stuff at the very high end but flash is becoming 'commodity' and PCIe based flash is now standard on most MacBooks and the new Mac Pro so expect it to migrate to Windows desktops soon.
Even flash SSDs can instantly upgrade servers / arrays and have a huge impact on performance on a fairly low end SAN we swapped out 2.5" 15k RPM drives for Intel DC S3700 SSDs and saw minimum 6x increase in IOPS.
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- LinuxCon 2014 GitHub.io killed the distro star: Why are people so bored with the top Linux makers?
- Opinion IT blokes: would you say that LEWD comment to a man? Then don't say it to a woman
- 6 Obvious Reasons Why Facebook Will Ban This Article (Thank God)
- Linux turns 23 and Linus Torvalds celebrates as only he can