For flash fettlers Fusion-io's finances, it isn’t spring yet – but nor is it the bleak mid-winter. Revenues are starting to look as if they are on a solid footing with sequential growth and reduced losses. Fusion-io makes PCIe flash cards and has suffered wrenching senior management changes, including the departure of the …
Yes they make some good stuff at the very high end but flash is becoming 'commodity' and PCIe based flash is now standard on most MacBooks and the new Mac Pro so expect it to migrate to Windows desktops soon.
Even flash SSDs can instantly upgrade servers / arrays and have a huge impact on performance on a fairly low end SAN we swapped out 2.5" 15k RPM drives for Intel DC S3700 SSDs and saw minimum 6x increase in IOPS.
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – on PCs, slabs and mobes