back to article Twitter WLTM UK-based pro lobbyist with GSOH - is ready for ads

As Twitter prepares to become an ad-stuffed free content network, the company is hiring a lobbyist for its UK office to "manage" public policy in Europe. It's the first such Blighty-based role advertised by the micro-blogging site and comes just months after Twitter floated on Wall Street. Responsibilities for the post include …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

Ahem...

"You will have educated policymakers and regulators with respect to Twitter and built strong, respectful relationships."

Translation:

"You will make a subtle point of letting policy makers know how much they could make as a Non-Executive Director with respects to Twitter UK and you will have an expense account and be expected to use it."

Silver badge
Trollface

As Twitter prepares to become an ad-stuffed content free network

FTFY

Silver badge

I actually read it as that in the first place and had to double check back again!

Silver badge

I just don't get the point of Twitter. I gave it a go and still check it now and then, but I can't see how you can say anything interesting in 140 cha

Silver badge

It's a social network, so, if your social group don't use it, you won't get anything out of it.

I have accounts on both Twitter and facebook (not the sort of thing I should confess to on this forum!), but only facebook is host to my IRL (is that the correct TLA?) friends, thus facebook is a handy communication tool, whilst Twitter is a waste of time.

Anonymous Coward

Sally Bercow

I nominate Sally Bercow, the Speaker's wife. She seems to know how to use Twitter to make friends and influence people...

tw@tter seems to be for...

... advertising types and egotistical numpties.

"Look at me/us. Aren't I/we cool? Tell me I'm great/buy my stuff."

Best thing you can do -- ignore them.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums