back to article Java bug burns Borg

Cisco has asked users of its Secure Access Control System 5.5 or lower to implement an urgent patch, as it has spotted several problems with its RMI implementation. There are three independent bugs: one privilege escalation vuln (CVE ID CVE-2014-0649, here), an unauthenticated user access vulnerability (CVE 2014-0648 here), and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Bronze badge
Big Brother

Resistance is quite effective, actually

This must be the first time I hear Cisco being referred to as "the Borg". Have I been reading the wrong news all these years? It seems awfully late to call them that now, as the biggest customers start to cook their own kit and everyone else* settles for Huawei.

* Except perhaps Americans, who have strong (not to mention government-enforced) opinions about getting their Chinese-built, spyware-ridden kit from true American(TM) companies. Go figure.

Anonymous Coward

Re: Resistance is quite effective, actually

Quite - Surely Google is the One True Borg (tm)

Bronze badge
Facepalm

I think I see the problem

It could be that these vulnerabilities are CAUSED BY HAVING RMI ON A SECURITY SYSTEM. Seriously, why would you do that? That's like trying to create a safe and secure zone inside a forrest.

Bronze badge

blame it on China ?

when the US went their usual sly protectionist way and accused China of having backdoors the US meant 'it ain't got our backdoors'.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums