Apple CEO Tim Cook has used a rare television interview to hail a "milestone" deal with China Mobile which is expected to result in millions of extra iPhone sales in the People's Republic. He appeared alongside chairman Xi Guohua in a televised love-in to publicise the historic deal. Speaking in his folksy, down-at-home Alabama …
Over 1m pre-orders is not to be sniffed at when a lot of the people who want an iPhone on China Mobile already have one - they just did not buy it from China Mobile (elsewhere in the article it says that Apple shipped 18.5m in China in the first 9 months of 2013 - so that is probably nearer 25m+ for 2013).
The 18.5m was also 28% up on the previous year - so in reality there are probably more like 35-50m+ iPhones on China Mobile before they even signed an official deal.
rather delusional and not by a long shot.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Vid Google opens new Inbox – email for people too dumb to use email