Apple CEO Tim Cook has used a rare television interview to hail a "milestone" deal with China Mobile which is expected to result in millions of extra iPhone sales in the People's Republic. He appeared alongside chairman Xi Guohua in a televised love-in to publicise the historic deal. Speaking in his folksy, down-at-home Alabama …
Over 1m pre-orders is not to be sniffed at when a lot of the people who want an iPhone on China Mobile already have one - they just did not buy it from China Mobile (elsewhere in the article it says that Apple shipped 18.5m in China in the first 9 months of 2013 - so that is probably nearer 25m+ for 2013).
The 18.5m was also 28% up on the previous year - so in reality there are probably more like 35-50m+ iPhones on China Mobile before they even signed an official deal.
rather delusional and not by a long shot.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM