The life of a poorly managed database is nasty, brutish, and short – and even shorter if it's a distributed non-relational datastore. For this reason, Basho, the company that stewards the development of NoSQL DB Riak, has put together some new support packages to save admins from erecting their distributed databases on a shaky …
Sysadmins in "not getting funding for 5 nodes when it is technically possible to make the bugger work on one node" shocker.
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star
- New Facebook phone app allows you to stalk your mates
- Battle of the Linux clouds! Linode DOUBLES RAM to take on Digital Ocean