The life of a poorly managed database is nasty, brutish, and short – and even shorter if it's a distributed non-relational datastore. For this reason, Basho, the company that stewards the development of NoSQL DB Riak, has put together some new support packages to save admins from erecting their distributed databases on a shaky …
Sysadmins in "not getting funding for 5 nodes when it is technically possible to make the bugger work on one node" shocker.
- Tricked by satire? Get all your news from Facebook? You're in luck, dummy
- Feature TV transport tech, part 1: From server to sofa at the touch of a button
- Google straps on Jetpac: An app to find hipsters, women in foreign cities
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- The Return of BSOD: Does ANYONE trust Microsoft patches?