The life of a poorly managed database is nasty, brutish, and short – and even shorter if it's a distributed non-relational datastore. For this reason, Basho, the company that stewards the development of NoSQL DB Riak, has put together some new support packages to save admins from erecting their distributed databases on a shaky …
Sysadmins in "not getting funding for 5 nodes when it is technically possible to make the bugger work on one node" shocker.
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Hate Facebook? Hate it enough to spend $9k fleeing it? Web 'country club' built for the rich