Starboard Storage is now in SGI's port: the word is that SGI has actually bought the crashed remains of Starboard Storage and its hybrid storage array technology. Starboard was started up by ex-Lefthand Storage (iSCSI array startup bought by HP) personnel. The firm regrettably failed and went under in October last year. An SGI …
Good pick up of storage IP by SGI
As someone who used to work at Starboard I am pleased to see this innovative technology carried forward. Thw SGI technical computing portfolio has a number of areas that I can see might benefit from the Starboard IP. It both strengtens existing SGI storage IP and offers opportunity to replace existing OEM technologies. Only time will twll but we may look back on this as a very smart pickup by SGI.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests