Starboard Storage is now in SGI's port: the word is that SGI has actually bought the crashed remains of Starboard Storage and its hybrid storage array technology. Starboard was started up by ex-Lefthand Storage (iSCSI array startup bought by HP) personnel. The firm regrettably failed and went under in October last year. An SGI …
Good pick up of storage IP by SGI
As someone who used to work at Starboard I am pleased to see this innovative technology carried forward. Thw SGI technical computing portfolio has a number of areas that I can see might benefit from the Starboard IP. It both strengtens existing SGI storage IP and offers opportunity to replace existing OEM technologies. Only time will twll but we may look back on this as a very smart pickup by SGI.
- Google straps on Jetpac: An app to find hipsters, women in foreign cities
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- The Return of BSOD: Does ANYONE trust Microsoft patches?
- Munich considers dumping Linux for ... GULP ... Windows!
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display