Oracle, a minor database and enterprise software interest of yachtsman Larry Ellison, has picked LSI to supply PCIe flash acceleration cards. LSI’s Nytro-branded cards will be used in Oracle’s Exadata X4 engineered system, what it calls its next-generation Database Machine. The cards have a jointly-developed Oracle LSI software …
Will be interested to see how this performs, the exa boxes are impressive
Impressively expensive, or?
Oracle has been OEMing the LSI Nytro Warpdrive cards for years. It buys them in, files the LSI logo off the supercaps and then replaces it with a Sun logo.
It's been doing it since the Sun F40 cards were used on the X3 model back in 2012:
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- DINOSAUR SLAYER asteroid strike was DEVILISHLY inconvenient timing
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it