Oracle, a minor database and enterprise software interest of yachtsman Larry Ellison, has picked LSI to supply PCIe flash acceleration cards. LSI’s Nytro-branded cards will be used in Oracle’s Exadata X4 engineered system, what it calls its next-generation Database Machine. The cards have a jointly-developed Oracle LSI software …
Will be interested to see how this performs, the exa boxes are impressive
Impressively expensive, or?
Oracle has been OEMing the LSI Nytro Warpdrive cards for years. It buys them in, files the LSI logo off the supercaps and then replaces it with a Sun logo.
It's been doing it since the Sun F40 cards were used on the X3 model back in 2012:
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- RISE of the Jesus Phone MOUNTAIN: 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s ordered
- Students hack Tesla Model S, make all its doors pop open IN MOTION
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion