Oracle, a minor database and enterprise software interest of yachtsman Larry Ellison, has picked LSI to supply PCIe flash acceleration cards. LSI’s Nytro-branded cards will be used in Oracle’s Exadata X4 engineered system, what it calls its next-generation Database Machine. The cards have a jointly-developed Oracle LSI software …
Will be interested to see how this performs, the exa boxes are impressive
Impressively expensive, or?
Oracle has been OEMing the LSI Nytro Warpdrive cards for years. It buys them in, files the LSI logo off the supercaps and then replaces it with a Sun logo.
It's been doing it since the Sun F40 cards were used on the X3 model back in 2012:
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast
- Tim Cook: The classic iPod HAD to DIE, and this is WHY