back to article Citrix soothes frustrated Mac fanbois with Windows VDI tech

Citrix has started the new year with a product to help admins manage Windows desktops on errant Macs, tightening competition between the virtualization company and Parallels and VMware. The "DesktopPlayer" product was announced by Citrix on Thursday and sees the company allow admins to deliver policy-laden Windows images to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Hmmm

Why they couldn't get XenClient - a bare metal client hypervisor - to run properly is anyone's guess.

They came close with v5 - just a few missing bits like wifi support missing. Personally I'd much prefer to be able run without an OS stealing my resources. And ok you are getting some bolt-on management and control but beyond that it is basically another version of what Parallels, Oracle and VMware have been offering for years.

Sorry Citrix, but on this one...meh

Bronze badge
WTF?

WTF?

They should offer Linux VM's with their kit, to get workers used to it before the big switch ... ;-)

I mean, wrong way round ...

Seriously, where is Novell with their Apps ? That is what is needed ... however, it did not work out so well for them ... why run a second os on these poor guyz computers ? Crazy.

Most of the time, users want to access that braindead legacy piece of crap, poor excuse for a program-client-thingy to connect to some obscure server, iow, legacy system. All the rest can be done from Mac OS X or Linux in a much more efficient way, why reduce productivity like that ?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums