A source close to the situation reports that Nimbus Data has terminated a round dozen people in various US locations, including some staffers in Austin, Texas, who had just been recruited from Dell in October and November last year. Nimbus Data is an all-flash array startup headquartered in South San Francisco. Nine of the …
One has to ask...
Are these companies really just a 'flash in the pan'?
(or down it more like...)
Isakovich correction please
This is where the CEO should notify El Reg that despite the layoffs Nimbus employs more people, and cutting sales staff is a brilliant move aimed at increasing sales.
Nimbus Data and no mention of cloud, bizzarre!
OH MY GOD!!! 12 people lost their jobs ! In a startup ! Unbelievable !
What happened to this world if news like this deserve to waste webpage background.
RE: OH MY GOD!!! 12 people lost their jobs!
No, 12 people lured away from existing jobs by a company that seems to be a 'flash in the pan'. (Sorry about that one!)
Question: How many would have jumped if they had any inkling that within 3 months they would be out of a job. Might the
management manglement of this 'startup' have deceived those offered jobs about the real prospects of the company.
Pump and Dump
Sales people from large companies are only hired by startups because they have customer lists.
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung
- Privacy warriors lob sueball at Facebook buyout of WhatsApp