VMware has lifted its skirts just a little by shouting out to university boffins around the world with a list of topics it would like to see researched. Published here under the title “Datacenter Automation in Virtualized Environments”, the list offers the following four areas of interest: Scalable Machine Learning / Analytics …
Good move. +1 VMware
I would love it if VMWare lifted their skirts a little higher by allowing an administrative utilitiy for the free ESXi 5.5/ucoming 6.x rather than "Yes, ESXi is free, but you'll need to buy VCenter Server Appliance to modify VMs."
Those of us doing labs from home would find even a slightly gimped version of it useful.
PowerCLI is probably as close as you're like to get. :/
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'