Threat prevention firm FireEye has acquired privately held net security firm Mandiant. The cash and shares deal, announced Monday, is valued at around $1bn. Mandiant is best known for its landmark study into the Chinese APT1 hacking crew last year, which exposed the organisation's tactics and evidence of its links to the Chinese …
Blocking malicious drive-by downloads..
"The FireEye NX is designed to identify and block attacks delivered via the Web such as drive-by downloads. The FireEye EX protects against attacks delivered via emails such as malicious attachments"
Why not just disable downloaded executables on the base Operating System. Same for email, if the attachment has '4D 5A' at the beginning, then replace it with a dummy variable and inform the user.
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE