Threat prevention firm FireEye has acquired privately held net security firm Mandiant. The cash and shares deal, announced Monday, is valued at around $1bn. Mandiant is best known for its landmark study into the Chinese APT1 hacking crew last year, which exposed the organisation's tactics and evidence of its links to the Chinese …
Blocking malicious drive-by downloads..
"The FireEye NX is designed to identify and block attacks delivered via the Web such as drive-by downloads. The FireEye EX protects against attacks delivered via emails such as malicious attachments"
Why not just disable downloaded executables on the base Operating System. Same for email, if the attachment has '4D 5A' at the beginning, then replace it with a dummy variable and inform the user.
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – on PCs, slabs and mobes