Threat prevention firm FireEye has acquired privately held net security firm Mandiant. The cash and shares deal, announced Monday, is valued at around $1bn. Mandiant is best known for its landmark study into the Chinese APT1 hacking crew last year, which exposed the organisation's tactics and evidence of its links to the Chinese …
Blocking malicious drive-by downloads..
"The FireEye NX is designed to identify and block attacks delivered via the Web such as drive-by downloads. The FireEye EX protects against attacks delivered via emails such as malicious attachments"
Why not just disable downloaded executables on the base Operating System. Same for email, if the attachment has '4D 5A' at the beginning, then replace it with a dummy variable and inform the user.
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of huge BULGE FOUND ON MOON is SOLVED
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan