New cloud computing standards to be developed within the EU should facilitate users' ability to transfer data and services between cloud providers, MEPs have said.17 Dec 2013 Cloud computing TMT & Sourcing Outsourcing TMT Advanced Manufacturing & Technology Services The European Parliament has backed a new resolution on cloud …
Cloud Technology is one long rasping fart - full of sound and fury but signifying nothing.
Rather like MEPs.
Opportunity here to pass legislation providing some guarantee of legal privacy in data centers in the EU.
Not going to happen though is it....
Legislation per se guarantees nothing, especially EU based legislation notorious for creating regulatory shopping* amongst the member states who each enforce separately.
Oh and legal privacy, in the EU? At least you have some chance of a judicial review in the US, take a look at the laws around the EU and assess the legal hurdles around data access for local authorities.
*once memorably described to me by a regulator as being as therapeutic as any retail shopping
Except that - by and large - the US legal system is entirely complicit in the destruction of the rights of natural persons, especially any semblance of privacy. The EU may be bureaucratic, but it has a far higher chance of standing up for the average guy than anything American.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Regin: The super-spyware the security industry has been silent about