IDC's storage software beancounters saw a smidgen of growth in the storage software market in the third quarter, with bright spots in data protection and management. The data comes from IDC's Worldwide Storage Software QView, from which IDC releases headline info. If you want any more detail, like data segmentations by vendor, …
Symantec aquire Veeam?
I really hope not... Veeam is pricey enough as is
As more and more is moving into the virtual realm, traditional storage sw is really losing its appeal. When you have a non-virtualized app, protecting and performing storage level services at the LUN/volume level made sense. It makes no sense to this when you are running many VMs on a LUN/volume.
You get a lot more flexibility and better protection doing it at the virtual disk level. Whether it is something like Veeam, Zerto, etc. it is just generally the better way to go for "storage sw". And it is storage sw, after all they are performing storage sw services, only it is at the hypervisor level.
You also can remove vendor lock-in by not adopting their replication in particular.
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Man buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS
- Analysis Why Oracle CEO Larry Ellison had to go ... Except he hasn't