Works with VMware and Citrix to deliver DaaS from your bit barn or the cloud Cisco and VMware have responded to Amazon Web Services Workspaces desktop-as-a-service (DaaS) plan with their very own offering that can be deployed to private or public clouds. The new offering blends VMware's recently-acquired Deskone with a Cisco …
DaaS can bite my shiny metal ass.
MS Desktop licensing
The biggest hurdle to DaaS as far as I'm aware is the MS licensing requirements to keep individual clients on dedicated hypervisor hardware, meaning you cannot have a 5-seat client share a physical environment with another 5-seat client. This limits the scale-down to which you can sell a DaaS service at a cost-effective rate.
Wonder how that will be dealt with.
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK