Works with VMware and Citrix to deliver DaaS from your bit barn or the cloud Cisco and VMware have responded to Amazon Web Services Workspaces desktop-as-a-service (DaaS) plan with their very own offering that can be deployed to private or public clouds. The new offering blends VMware's recently-acquired Deskone with a Cisco …
DaaS can bite my shiny metal ass.
MS Desktop licensing
The biggest hurdle to DaaS as far as I'm aware is the MS licensing requirements to keep individual clients on dedicated hypervisor hardware, meaning you cannot have a 5-seat client share a physical environment with another 5-seat client. This limits the scale-down to which you can sell a DaaS service at a cost-effective rate.
Wonder how that will be dealt with.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids