Works with VMware and Citrix to deliver DaaS from your bit barn or the cloud Cisco and VMware have responded to Amazon Web Services Workspaces desktop-as-a-service (DaaS) plan with their very own offering that can be deployed to private or public clouds. The new offering blends VMware's recently-acquired Deskone with a Cisco …
DaaS can bite my shiny metal ass.
MS Desktop licensing
The biggest hurdle to DaaS as far as I'm aware is the MS licensing requirements to keep individual clients on dedicated hypervisor hardware, meaning you cannot have a 5-seat client share a physical environment with another 5-seat client. This limits the scale-down to which you can sell a DaaS service at a cost-effective rate.
Wonder how that will be dealt with.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Pic 7 AMAZING experiments set for Mars Rover 2020 – including oxygen generation
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs