Works with VMware and Citrix to deliver DaaS from your bit barn or the cloud Cisco and VMware have responded to Amazon Web Services Workspaces desktop-as-a-service (DaaS) plan with their very own offering that can be deployed to private or public clouds. The new offering blends VMware's recently-acquired Deskone with a Cisco …
DaaS can bite my shiny metal ass.
MS Desktop licensing
The biggest hurdle to DaaS as far as I'm aware is the MS licensing requirements to keep individual clients on dedicated hypervisor hardware, meaning you cannot have a 5-seat client share a physical environment with another 5-seat client. This limits the scale-down to which you can sell a DaaS service at a cost-effective rate.
Wonder how that will be dealt with.
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Man buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS
- Analysis Why Oracle CEO Larry Ellison had to go ... Except he hasn't