back to article Want more software built for HANA? Cry us a River, SAP. Oh wait, you have

SAP is embracing open-source developers to promote its flagship HANA in-memory data and application architecture. The software giant announced today SAP River, a hosted development environment for building native backend applications using HANA. SAP River will be available worldwide on the company's HANA Cloud Platform, aka …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Bryan Hall

Why?

From every thing I have read, HANA is about the worst database architecture available. No one with other enterprise class database experience will even consider it. So putting pretty objects on top doesn't make up for the turd underneath the covers.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Are these the same Indian Spammers?

That have been spamming some other forums I frequent with offers of training and consultancy in recent weeks?

As I think (personally) that SAP is a turd, well ok a slightly polished turd the Hama people seem to have found an ideal partner.

Because I have to use the turd that is SAP on a daily basis... anon.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

HANA: a solution to a problem created by SAP themselves

...and no one is willing to actually use it. Which is natural, anyone with a dime of database knowledge can improve SAP's own crappy ABAP code, not to mention what is written with "certified SAP consultants" Much cheaper and saner in the long run.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like