Google has confirmed that it has abandoned plans to build a new data center in Hong Kong, citing the cost and difficulty of acquiring land for the facility. Taj Meadows, a Google communications manager for the Asia-Pacific region, confirmed to the Wall Street Journal on Tuesday that the Hong Kong effort, which it first announced …
Quite suprised, there is a maze of cables coming into Lantau Island near Tong Fuk and I would have thought it would be an ideal location.
The reason for this....
Is that china will no longer have physical access to googles servers
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen