With G.fast getting formal ITU consent as G.9700 and G.9701, the race will be on to ship production hardware to the standard, and that's helped an Israeli silicon startup raise $US10 million in funding from US and Israeli ventures. Sckipio Technologies, incorporated in 2012, is pitching modem chipset and software bundles at …
One man job?
“We've spent about 2,000 man-hours a year doing field trials with service providers – going down the holes where the rats are,” he said.
2000 man-hours per year sounds a bit underwhelming - it's just one full-time worker.
539 feet of cable run to my cabinet - but somehow I doubt I'll see this before 2017
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- +Comment 'Stop dissing Google or quit': OK, I quit, says Code Club co-founder
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Rejoice, Windows fans: Stable 64-bit Chromium drops for Win 7 and 8