With G.fast getting formal ITU consent as G.9700 and G.9701, the race will be on to ship production hardware to the standard, and that's helped an Israeli silicon startup raise $US10 million in funding from US and Israeli ventures. Sckipio Technologies, incorporated in 2012, is pitching modem chipset and software bundles at …
One man job?
“We've spent about 2,000 man-hours a year doing field trials with service providers – going down the holes where the rats are,” he said.
2000 man-hours per year sounds a bit underwhelming - it's just one full-time worker.
539 feet of cable run to my cabinet - but somehow I doubt I'll see this before 2017
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!