With G.fast getting formal ITU consent as G.9700 and G.9701, the race will be on to ship production hardware to the standard, and that's helped an Israeli silicon startup raise $US10 million in funding from US and Israeli ventures. Sckipio Technologies, incorporated in 2012, is pitching modem chipset and software bundles at …
One man job?
“We've spent about 2,000 man-hours a year doing field trials with service providers – going down the holes where the rats are,” he said.
2000 man-hours per year sounds a bit underwhelming - it's just one full-time worker.
539 feet of cable run to my cabinet - but somehow I doubt I'll see this before 2017
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE