The Register is hearing that HPC bods SGI have bought the assets of the failed unified file/block access and hybrid array startup Starboard Storage, which crashed and burned in October. Some Starboard employees are now back at work and the product line technology is set to continue. What's SGI about here? Their CEO is Jorge …
They're still going? Though by the sounds of it only the three letters are in common with their origins.
Sigh, no more pretty boxes.
They aren't the company formaly known as SGI. A company called Rackspace or Rackable or something (Sorry can't quite remember) bought out the remaining assets of SGI when it went bankrupt and then changed it's name to SGI. The colours if the new SGI logo come from the old Rackspace logo.
I was at SC13 and I asked for information regarding latencies on their shared memory boxes (for molecular dynamics research).
There was noone there who was able to tell me the network latencies on their shared memory system. Perhaps they have just moved to selling fast storage boxes...?
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests