Feeds

back to article Launch date for flashy new HTC flagship mobe REVEALED... by UK judge

A High Court judge in Blighty appears to have revealed a roundabout launch date for HTC's next flagship mobe in a patent ruling, saying the so-called HTC One Two would be coming in the first quarter of next year. Richard Arnold said in a ruling yesterday that he would not ban HTC One phones in the UK after he had previously …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

Is this actually a patent claim by a mobile firm that is about real hardware components? and is not just about banning the competition?

Shocking....

Unhappy

i hate when you fork out for a good phone...

only to be told a better version is coming out soon.

i'd rather not know and live in blissful ignorance for a while longer. i'm bloody well paying for that feeling aren't i?? let me enjoy it for a bit longer!

this news totally ruined my day.

Anonymous Coward

Re: i hate when you fork out for a good phone...

I always find this view perplexing. Of course a newer phone is coming, that takes nothing away from the phone you purchased. If having the "newest" phone for longer is what matters to you, time your purchases for the release of the device instead of 6 months after.

Bronze badge

Additional phones mentioned

I've seen all of the 2012 One series mentioned as being banned too. That's the One X, One S and One V. That isn't a massive loss considering the One V and One S were already left behind and the One X has likely received its final update with 4.2.2 a while back. Still, a ban on flagship models and lower tier models for last year and this year is pretty far reaching. I own both the One X and the 8X and both are solid phones that really deserved to do better, especially the 8X. If only I could install Android on it I'd be over the moon..

This topic is closed for new posts.