back to article So, what is new in SQL 2014, exactly?

We have a live one-hour training session beaming into your screen on 12 December at 10am GMT. It’s all about SQL Server 2014 and it’s free to attend. (You can see our past training courses here, here and here.) During our December session, we will showcase and introduce the new features of SQL Server 2014 with a series of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

That's SQL *Server* 2014

Once more, the product's name is "SQL Server 2014". There is plenty of room for that in the headline.

1. mhoulden

Re: That's SQL *Server* 2014

I can't help wondering if the author is one of those people who complains that "Microsoft" isn't working when he has a problem with Word

2. Ken 16 Silver badge

SQL Server is not SQL

The post is required, and must contain letters.

3. nematoad
    Unhappy

Only Microsoft?

When can we expect a similar seminar on MariaDB or PostgreSQL?

You know the ones most people use.

This sounds more like a paid advert for the offering from Microsoft to me.

1. Callam McMillan

Re: Only Microsoft?

In my neck of the industry (financial services), you're only going to run a database on MsSQL, Oracle, or erm... Access.

1. vmistery

But there are other readers and some may run multiple DB types. I for one in the Gas industry manage databases on PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle and Microsoft SQLServer. It just depends what I am using it for. It also doesn't mean it is any less mission critical.

2. JDX Gold badge

"Most people" use MySQL not either of those.

1. IJC
        Facepalm

Define "Most People".

"Most People" I know have never heard of MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL Sybase, DB2, Oracle or SQL Server. "Most People" only have a vague inkling what a database actually is.

IT People I know on the other hand have heard of SQL Server and Oracle. A few have heard of Sybase, DB2 and MySQL. A tiny, tiny number have heard of MariaDB. A few have heard of Big Data, MapReduce and Hadoop.

Defining "Most People" in terms of those you have regular contact with is one of the most basic analytical and statistical errors people make.

4. This post has been deleted by its author

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like