Here's an up close and personal look at two of the four teams that competed in the SC13 Commodity Track Cluster Competition. These teams could build anything their hearts desired as long as the total cost was less than $2,500 (US). University of Slippery Rock (Team Rock) This is the second year that Slippery Rock has fielded a …
I'm on it
That cabinet is a thing of beauty! I am seriously going to copy that idea. I will avoid putting the 220W AMD parts in there, but otherwise, it's a go!
Re: I'm on it
What, you prefer that over Slippery Rock's high-tech cooling system?
(Actually, I could see combining the two... hmm.)
Re: I'm on it
Go for it!
I highly suggest cutting cleaner holes, we had a few rubbing issues on the fans, plus a few cut fingers. Linpack really pushed our cooling. Bigger drawers, tower coolers, and better fan placement are also recommended.
Best of luck if you do decide to build one!
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Hate Facebook? Hate it enough to spend $9k fleeing it? Web 'country club' built for the rich