What – or who – defines your storage? Is your storage minded by a priestly case of LUN monglers who guard the sacred administration software fiercely? Is your storage "software defined"? Is it a black box, an API-driven thing controlled by devs or managed by the operations types through Puppet? Amidst this list of these common …
"What does business centric storage mean?"
It means that the old buzzwords are getting stale...
"Rarely is storage discussed in the context of what it actually delivers to the business.
To this end, Fujitsu’s Frank Reichart is joining Register experts Trevor Pott and Phoummala Schmitt"
...are they to talk in the context of actual delivery to the business? They all present more or less techies and are there for creating demands for their sales ie. IT-sales.
Per se I find nothing wrong in the positions of the participants, but I'm not interested in their views, opinions and findings. I find it much more interesting to get there some real business owners (ie. outside of IT) to talk about their experiences with IT services like storage, their needs and costs they are willing and able to spend to storage. Or are they totally insulated by CIOs from the IT services?
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes