Symantec's resellers have reportedly been given notice to stop providing annual subscriptions to Backup Exec.cloud by 6 January. Backup Exec.cloud lets small and medium businesses store backups in a Symantec remote vault (the cloud) or on-site and in the cloud. Customers have been told they can use the service until one year …
Clouds **** on you...
Given how dreadful the normal version is, I can only imagine just how poor the ".cloud" was.
Judging by the forums, the product I dumped years ago is still awful and the .cloud only has 20 threads anyhow so I think nobody used it anyway.
Re: Clouds **** on you...
I think everyone hates their backup product, I have nothing good I can think about ArcServe, ok maybe Simpana was ok.
".....Customers want features such as synch and share and mobile access. Backup Exec.cloud was not designed with these features in mind...." So he has identified the market yet his strategy is not adapt, it is retreat? Surely it would have been possible to add even standalone modules to the product to add in mobile access, etc., or has he carved so much from his dev teams if the name of "efficiencies" that he can't guarantee a working solution?
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- Review + Vid Apple iPhone 6 Plus: What a waste of gorgeous pixel density
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- 46% of iThings slurp iOS 8: What part of this batt-draining update didn't you like?