Redmond has issued a patch for Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 to cure a bug that borked its backups. The sleep-wrecking (for sys admins, anyhow) bug tipped backups into a bucket, whether using Windows Server Backup or third party products, according to this Knowledge Base article. The backup crashes would report problems with “ …
...for the gripes about the "support" Exchange is currently offering for on-premises installs, and their constant screwups of Exch 2K13 updates.
But, of course,
Before you install this on your server, you should back up. ...Hmm.
The Exchange Server bug
Or Exchange Server 2013 as it's more commonly known.
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?