Redmond has issued a patch for Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 to cure a bug that borked its backups. The sleep-wrecking (for sys admins, anyhow) bug tipped backups into a bucket, whether using Windows Server Backup or third party products, according to this Knowledge Base article. The backup crashes would report problems with “ …
...for the gripes about the "support" Exchange is currently offering for on-premises installs, and their constant screwups of Exch 2K13 updates.
But, of course,
Before you install this on your server, you should back up. ...Hmm.
The Exchange Server bug
Or Exchange Server 2013 as it's more commonly known.
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Hate Facebook? Hate it enough to spend $9k fleeing it? Web 'country club' built for the rich