"Honestly, we never thought feeding our nascent artificial intelligence systems with hours and hours of simulated violence could lead to anything bad. It's really a huge surprise!" At least, that's what we imagine researchers will be saying years from now as they shelter from the orbiting cannons operated by their uncaring …
I think they might draw some invalid conclusions if they watch too much Portal or Skyrim.
Would you like to play a game?
Just make it play noughts & crosses against itself when it gets too uppity..
Re: Would you like to play a game?
The only winning move...
... is to cheat ;-)
Given our seemingly irresistible desire to build computers that can do everything better than we can, I can only conclude that Humans have built in obsolescence :(
I blame God.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro