"Honestly, we never thought feeding our nascent artificial intelligence systems with hours and hours of simulated violence could lead to anything bad. It's really a huge surprise!" At least, that's what we imagine researchers will be saying years from now as they shelter from the orbiting cannons operated by their uncaring …
I think they might draw some invalid conclusions if they watch too much Portal or Skyrim.
Would you like to play a game?
Just make it play noughts & crosses against itself when it gets too uppity..
Re: Would you like to play a game?
The only winning move...
... is to cheat ;-)
Given our seemingly irresistible desire to build computers that can do everything better than we can, I can only conclude that Humans have built in obsolescence :(
I blame God.
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network