Feeds

back to article Facebook's Zuckerberg: US gov 'blew it' on mass surveillance

Facebook supremo Mark Zuckerberg - whose company is routinely criticised for its dubious data-mining practices - has attacked the US government for being secretive about its online spying activities. "I think the government really blew it on this one. And I honestly think that they're continuing to blow it in some ways and I …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Bronze badge
FAIL

Pot...

...meet kettle.

Bronze badge
Facepalm

And Zuck's point is ... what?

NSA=nasty, suspicious, arseholes.

FaceBook=secretive, invasive, arseholes.

Is there a difference?

Personally, Zuckerberg never comes over well. Whatever he says, whatever he does, however he looks. Like an annoying teen who's made a web-site and consequently is very important.

Whatever, he's not particularly profound.

Silver badge
Childcatcher

In every photo of him, he's always wearing the same self-satisfied smirk.

...and a damn hoodie.

//yeah, sour grapes

turnabout

Mr Facebook roots for faceless people.

FAIL

Hardly news.

Irritating asshat talks bollocks. That is all.

Silver badge

"When quizzed about the view held by some in the US that those individuals are breaking the law, Zuck disagreed and said many immigrants without the right paperwork wanted to "contribute"."

It is a matter of fact, not opinion, that they are breaking the law.

Anonymous Coward

It's a fact that they're breaking a law. It's an opinion that they're breaking the law.

Differences of opinion on this kind of thing are usually settled through a process known as war. But it's still just an opinion

Van

Safe

It's always about keeping themselves safe isn't it, yet Britain and Spain have had harder periods with terrorists and any country the US has ever stuck its dirty little fingers ends up dangerous as hell.

Bronze badge
Trollface

GREEDY PIG...

"There are 11 million undocumented people living in this country"...

"And once they've got their paperwork then they're mine...miNE...MINE!!!!"

Silver badge
Stop

Corporate exec says we need to bring in more tech-literate workers

This is one of my biggest problems with the current immigration bill. Instead of more H1Bs, why don't we retrain some of the tens of millions of un and underemployed Americans and put them to work? It's not like there has been the kind of rapid growth in it/tech worker salaries that would indicate a big shortage of workers anyway.

Silver badge
Big Brother

Don't like the competition...

... bitch?

Anonymous Coward

Re: Don't like the competition...

Exactly. The more news about mass surveillance is reported, the less attractive storing your life in the cloud becomes and the less valuable FB, Google and so on are. Add the slowly dawning realization that FB etc have to mine your data to stay in business, and people will start to drift away. I can't wait.

Anonymous Coward

Knowledge Economy?? Quid Pro Quo Zuckerberg! Read my EULA baby.

If we indeed have a knowledge economy, then I want (in cash) what my data and knowledge are worth!

For the record, (since the NSA is reading this, then they and MZ have been duly notified) my collective data is worth no less than 3 million USD, preferably in negotiable bearer bonds.

Any attempt to sell my data for any reason (without my express written approval and subsequent signed contract) is subject to triple damages.

Zuckerberg, who spies on all his users, discovers he is being spied on. Bummer!

Silver badge

Terrorist threat

Terrorist threats are totally overblown in USA.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2011/06/fear-of-terror-makes-people-stupid.html

Apparently you're 9 times more likely to choke to death on your own vomit.

Bronze badge

In other words

Zuck paid about as much attention to the NSA's "Terms of Service" page, as most of Zuck's users paid attention to his.

This topic is closed for new posts.