This topic was created by Oh Homer .
Whatever happened to Cash'n'Carrion, El Reg's merchandise section/site?
I checked the WayBack machine, and the last copy it has of cashandcarrion.co.uk, before it started redirecting back to the main site, is from the begining of 2010.
I realise it probably went titsup but, just out of curiosity, what happened, when did it happen, was there an announcement (and where is it), and can I still buy Vulture gear anywhere?
You cannot buy Register merchandise officially anywhere to day - although you can get O'Really and BOFH stuff elsewhere (we had licence deals). We are considering running a limited line-up again at some point in 2014
We shut CashnCarrion at least four years ago - as the effort to run retail outstripped the reward. I don't remember if we announced its closure Towards the end, we tried a specialist print to order firm - but the quality was poor - and so we just set ourselves up for complaints - and no money.
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Twitter declines to deny JLaw tweet scrubdown after alleged iCloud NAKED PHOTOS hack