Security startup CrowdCurity is marketing a cloud-based platform that allows businesses to set up and run their own bug bounty and security testing programmes. Bug bounty programmes have become fairly commonplace across the IT industry over recent years. The schemes reward researchers for reporting flaws to vendors, rather than …
Make breaking stuff pay.
Of course the devils in the details but cautious thumbs up.
@John, It's always good to be cautious :) The idea is actually not to have the testers break anything, but have them point out how and where something could be broken or compromised, so the business can patch it before it gets exploited.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests