Security startup CrowdCurity is marketing a cloud-based platform that allows businesses to set up and run their own bug bounty and security testing programmes. Bug bounty programmes have become fairly commonplace across the IT industry over recent years. The schemes reward researchers for reporting flaws to vendors, rather than …
Make breaking stuff pay.
Of course the devils in the details but cautious thumbs up.
@John, It's always good to be cautious :) The idea is actually not to have the testers break anything, but have them point out how and where something could be broken or compromised, so the business can patch it before it gets exploited.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Apple SILENCES Bose, YANKS headphones from stores
- Flesh-flapping, image-zapping app Snapchat NOW ad-wrapped
- Vid NASA eyeballs SOLAR HEAT BOMBS, MINI-TORNADOES and NANOFLARES on Sun
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots