Security startup CrowdCurity is marketing a cloud-based platform that allows businesses to set up and run their own bug bounty and security testing programmes. Bug bounty programmes have become fairly commonplace across the IT industry over recent years. The schemes reward researchers for reporting flaws to vendors, rather than …
Make breaking stuff pay.
Of course the devils in the details but cautious thumbs up.
@John, It's always good to be cautious :) The idea is actually not to have the testers break anything, but have them point out how and where something could be broken or compromised, so the business can patch it before it gets exploited.
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid strike was a stroke of bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it