Facebook has developed an open-source database library that wrings more performance out of server-side flash storage than ever before, while building on previous technology published by Google. The RocksDB embeddable persistent key-value store was announced by Facebook on Thursday, and gives developers a C++ library based on …
So, a Spark/Shark/Cassandra stack focused on a single node? That's... actually quite neat.
Nice advert but it's be nicer to see some real comparisons with other Open Source DBs and commercial DBs (independently done of course), otherwise this comes across as yet more hot air.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: Redmond must let feds into foreign servers
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS