Facebook has developed an open-source database library that wrings more performance out of server-side flash storage than ever before, while building on previous technology published by Google. The RocksDB embeddable persistent key-value store was announced by Facebook on Thursday, and gives developers a C++ library based on …
So, a Spark/Shark/Cassandra stack focused on a single node? That's... actually quite neat.
Nice advert but it's be nicer to see some real comparisons with other Open Source DBs and commercial DBs (independently done of course), otherwise this comes across as yet more hot air.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders
- Pics Audio fans, prepare yourself for the Second Coming ... of Blu-ray
- Microsoft: Windows version you probably haven't upgraded to yet is ALREADY OBSOLETE