DataDirect Networks has boosted its already big, mean and fast SFA12K big data/HPC storage arrays to go faster still with the SFA12KX product, running at up to 48GB/sec from a single appliance. Previously a fast SFA12K could run up to 40GB/sec, as seen in the Titan supercomputer complex which uses 36 of them. The growing …
"Using just (!) 21 SKA12KXs to reach an overall 1TB/sec of throughput."
If this seems a huge amount, look at the Square Kilometre Array telescope - which will generate terabytes of data per second.
Sweet F#ck All, great name for a product! Don't know if I'd trust "sweet f#ck all RAID" though.
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid strike was a stroke of bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it