Feeds

back to article Google slips Chromecast stick into SAUCY new partner: HBO Go

Chromecast users have another string to their media bow with the addition of HBO Go to the list of media companies streaming content through Google's cheap and cheerful dongle. "Grab your favorite snack and get cozy on your Iron Throne, because HBO GO has added Chromecast support to their Android, iOS and web app," wrote Shanna …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

The pay-off on that video..

.. is a hoot!

Not in the UK then....

I'm surprised this article didn't state that both HBO Go and the Chromecast itself actually aren't available in the UK. OK, you can pay 38.72 quid on Amazon UK (so much for the "25 quid" that IT sites foolishly branded around earlier this year) for what I suspect is a US import of the Chromecast anyway.

So, c'mon Google, when are we officially getting the Chromecast in the UK? Christmas is coming and you really need to launch it right now. It seems strange that virtually no UK IT sites - El Reg included - have bothered to hassle Google about the non-appearance of the Chromecast in the UK, especially since the actual Chromecast app has been in the UK Google Play store for months now!

Bronze badge

Re: Not in the UK then....

As they recently posted job openings for both an international person and a UK person in relation to the Chromecast - it's likely that yes - it's coming.

I have a suspicion that they are working with the BBC behind the scenes to make iPlayer a launch partner.

Bronze badge

Turns out the SDK is nearing release too - http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/1r656p/google_hosting_chromecast_hackathon_in_early/

Anonymous Coward

Wouldn't the main issue not be with the app or hardware but the licensing of the programmes for a region that's not the US...?

Right, the work isn't done until the reptiles stop slithering.

Meh

Racy, yes...

HBO has started going the way of many cable networks here in the states by "pushing the envelope" of FCC standards as to what they can get away with. I get HBO for free with my cable package, so I watch movies when they are on... Sometimes for shits and giggles I'll watch a movie I've already seen on the HBO Latin (Hilarity ensues when you watch Crimson Tide in Spanish) channel. Their self produced series' have garnered a lot of awards, but there's more stories out there that are worth my time and DVR space. Mileage may vary.

This topic is closed for new posts.