Bare WAN optimisation is becoming a shrink-wrap product strategy, with little growth forecast, so Riverbed is grouping its associated products into a higher-growth market which it estimates is worth about $11bn: remote application access and management. It has branded its new remote app optimising product "Location-independent …
and so what goes around comes around - distributed servers for remote sites, consolidated to the data centre, to be moved out as "Location independent Computing"
Nothing new to sell?
I am highly skeptical
This just looks like me to be a patchwork quilt of things already available and likely better and cheaper. Of course, executive buy-in is not necessarily logical.
Re: I am highly skeptical
Coming up with lots of new acronyms and trying to sell product, give them the benefit of the doubt would you ..
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers
- Kate Bush: Don't make me HAVE CONTACT with your iPHONE