Do-it-all converged server-storage-networking upstart SimpliVity has raised $58m in a C-round. The cash will be used to bolster the OmniCube's engineering team, expand its service and support organisation, and boost its field team. The OmniCube is a replacement for existing point IT server, storage and networking products and …
Go Simplivity! They've got good tech and good people. Glad to see others are recognizing this. One of these days I hope to get both Simplivity and Nutanix into my lab for a nice head-to-head; these folks have sexy gear to show off and it just seems to keep getting better.
It's nice to see Simplivity will have the cash to start hiring additional bodies; Nutanix has been on a hiring spree and they'll need the wetware to keep up! Competition is good, and with both VMware and Maxta on the pure software side (and HP making Lefthand free for ProLiant buyers) the converged infrastructure space certainly has a lot of it.
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- Every billionaire needs a PANZER TANK, right? STOP THERE, Paul Allen