Am I the only one who is constantly turning OFF notification methods on these phones?
And all these companies want to do is sell me a stupid watch or phone with even MORE notifications?
If I left the default notifications on my phone, I would get a buzz, a jingle, and a constantly blinking light 24-hours a day for the following:
- spam email
- spam texts
- apps that want updated
- apps that have auto-updated themselves
- apps that just want more love and attention
- apps that think I should install other apps
- texts from my phone company about apps it thinks I should install
- "emergency" weather phone calls and texts from local government in the middle of the night any time we get a half inch of rain (they must have all bought the same auto-dialers recently - this is becoming a real nuisance)
Default notifications can turn into a buzz-beep-blink-fest from 2am to 4am - prime sleeping hours. They are a constant distraction when I'm trying to work during the day. I've turned off as many of them as I can. I don't need new devices to give me more notifications - just be a phone and ring when I get a call - I can check my own mail inbox, thank you very much. I don't need 3-sided phone notifications or watch notifications or car dashboard notifications.