back to article Oz government science funding to rise...

The federal government is sending mixed signals to the science community, with key science funding legislation offering an upwards blip to the Australian Research Council, followed by a sharp fall. Shortly after it emerged that the CSIRO was going to have to reduce its headcount, the rejigged funding to the Australian Research …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. DiViDeD

Science? Tish!

We now have a Glorious Leader(tm) who believes gay men and women are, at best, confused, at worst dedicated to undermining our doG given right to be beer swilling patsies for our merkin 'friends'.

He believes that pointing guns at refugees is the best way to deal with them , that if nobody researches AGW then it doesn't exist and that Australia is protected by his own personal Fairy Sky Being.

He also believes that allowing Uncle Sam to station 25,000 troops in Darwin makes Australians somehow safer.

What need has he of science?

1. RealFred

Re: Science? Tish!

Which is much better than the off-with-the-pixies labour party who wanted everyone to believe that the world was going to hell in a handbasket and they borrowed money to fund their donations to other countries. For christs sake, they couldn't even decide who the fuck they wanted to lead them and then they called all of the labour politicians back to Canberra (at taxpayers expense) to hold what was a laughable election for a leader.

At least the two Labour PM's had the sense to resign from parliament, eventually. One was labelled the worst Prime Minister ever (she set the female movement back 50 years) and the other one was a standing joke, even amongst his own party. He was worse than a sheila when he announced his resignation yesterday. All showmanship and no substance. Talk about cry me a river. He was a person who divided the party and was only interested in how he could advance his own career at the expense of others.

Labour lost the election because people were sick of the infighting, lack of policies, and the lack of general direction. They handled the minority government badly and allowed minor parties too much say in the running of the countries

Labour lost the election, get over it and stop moaning.

1. DiViDeD

Re: Science? Tish!

"Labour lost the election, get over it and stop moaning"

Interesting. Because I think our current prime minister is a twat (and half his cabinet, to be generous), you assume that I'm some sort of labor supporter/apologist?

Get off your high horse, stop automatically assuming a cunch of bunts in Canberra are doing a good job because they have the right colour rosette, and face up to the fact that we've replaced one bunch of lying weasels with another bunch of lying weasels.

Incidentally, I don't see how ' We r;efuse to tell the press what's going on with our policy of pointing guns at asylum seekers', or 'If we remove the forum for discussion of climate change/gay marriage the issues will cease to exist' can be regarded as 'much better' than Rudd's 'We'll save the planet with pink batts and electrocuted installers, and force the schools to let our friends in to build unnecessary new buildings at taxpayer expense'. If you could explain?

As it stands, the only 'choice' we get at election time is the choice of which thieving bar steward gets to shove their hand in our wallets for a few years

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Tony is a believer

1. He believes in the great sky person

2. He believes that climate change is not an issue because: point 1

3. He believes that sexually predatory priests are just misguided and need more of point 1

4. He believes in Adam and Eve and not in Adam and Steve, all they need is more of point 1

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Tony is a believer

And you really are a moron. It must be really difficult to sprout such bullshit while chocking on Rudds dick

1. hungee

Wow.

talk about intellectual debate from robust minds.

Jebus is on your side so no need to get angry.

Anyways, typhoon Tony will save you from the unbelievers. have faith good sir.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

I have yet to see an intelligent comment from someone on your side. Maybe the next 6 years (minimum) in the wilderness will give them time to think some up.

Just keep believing that Labour and the Unions are your saviour, have faith yourself

1. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

I rather think we have already entered the wilderness now that Tony "Captains pick" Abbott, Christopher "I see unicorns" Pyne, Scott "stazi" Morrison and Don "I'm entitled" Randall are in charge.

If there was a god, we'd need him now!

Mind you, I'd prefer Zeus.

2. Winkypop Silver badge
        FAIL

"chocking"

What dooooo you mean sir?

1. DiViDeD

I believe he's referring to the widely held belief amongst Australians that Kevin Rudd's penis is so vast in girth that it needs to be supported against the possibility of it rolling down a hill and crushing a bus full of schoolchildren

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like