Avere, the filer accelerator supplier, has integrated cloud storage into its NAS universe, including Amazon's Glacier, with a single file namespace including on-premise and cloud storage. Instead of providing a separate cloud storage gateway product, Avere has added the cloud gateway as a feature to its existing FXT filer …
Will it (Netapp) get private <--> public cloud data movement software?
They could host in Amazon aside from a technical hurdle with the hypervisor. Thing is, they could go bare-metal on any of several hardware types Amazon uses in their datacenters for EC2 or S3/Glacier. I would have thought it was an easily sold joint-venture opportunity.
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars