Avere, the filer accelerator supplier, has integrated cloud storage into its NAS universe, including Amazon's Glacier, with a single file namespace including on-premise and cloud storage. Instead of providing a separate cloud storage gateway product, Avere has added the cloud gateway as a feature to its existing FXT filer …
Will it (Netapp) get private <--> public cloud data movement software?
They could host in Amazon aside from a technical hurdle with the hypervisor. Thing is, they could go bare-metal on any of several hardware types Amazon uses in their datacenters for EC2 or S3/Glacier. I would have thought it was an easily sold joint-venture opportunity.
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network