Avere, the filer accelerator supplier, has integrated cloud storage into its NAS universe, including Amazon's Glacier, with a single file namespace including on-premise and cloud storage. Instead of providing a separate cloud storage gateway product, Avere has added the cloud gateway as a feature to its existing FXT filer …
Will it (Netapp) get private <--> public cloud data movement software?
They could host in Amazon aside from a technical hurdle with the hypervisor. Thing is, they could go bare-metal on any of several hardware types Amazon uses in their datacenters for EC2 or S3/Glacier. I would have thought it was an easily sold joint-venture opportunity.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base