Avere, the filer accelerator supplier, has integrated cloud storage into its NAS universe, including Amazon's Glacier, with a single file namespace including on-premise and cloud storage. Instead of providing a separate cloud storage gateway product, Avere has added the cloud gateway as a feature to its existing FXT filer …
Will it (Netapp) get private <--> public cloud data movement software?
They could host in Amazon aside from a technical hurdle with the hypervisor. Thing is, they could go bare-metal on any of several hardware types Amazon uses in their datacenters for EC2 or S3/Glacier. I would have thought it was an easily sold joint-venture opportunity.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Microsoft refuses to confirm 'Windows 9' unzip lip slip
- Netflix swallows yet another bitter pill, inks peering deal with TWC
- Barnes & Noble: Swallow a Samsung Nook tablet, please ... pretty please