Avere, the filer accelerator supplier, has integrated cloud storage into its NAS universe, including Amazon's Glacier, with a single file namespace including on-premise and cloud storage. Instead of providing a separate cloud storage gateway product, Avere has added the cloud gateway as a feature to its existing FXT filer …
Will it (Netapp) get private <--> public cloud data movement software?
They could host in Amazon aside from a technical hurdle with the hypervisor. Thing is, they could go bare-metal on any of several hardware types Amazon uses in their datacenters for EC2 or S3/Glacier. I would have thought it was an easily sold joint-venture opportunity.
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking 'Crescent Bay' prototype
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Teardown Pop open this iPhone 6 and see where the magic oozes from ... oh hello again, Qualcomm
- Analysis Apple's warrant canary riddle: Cock-up, conspiracy, or anti-Google point-scoring
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln