Oracle has announced plans to open a handful of new data centers to spur its cloud service in North America and Europe. The tech goliath said that by the middle of next year it will bring four additional facilities online that will run a variety of Oracle application-as-a-service offerings. The data centers will be set up in …
Oh yes, as a USA company Oracle promise not to share your data secretly and this "may meet regulatory or end-user requirements".
Except of course they have to or executives will face jail time, even if it is hosted in Canada.
Given Oracle's History, NSLs and Docile Euro Goverments
...this is clearly Window-Dressing.
Who again provided the seed money for Oracle's startup ?
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan