Oracle has announced plans to open a handful of new data centers to spur its cloud service in North America and Europe. The tech goliath said that by the middle of next year it will bring four additional facilities online that will run a variety of Oracle application-as-a-service offerings. The data centers will be set up in …
Oh yes, as a USA company Oracle promise not to share your data secretly and this "may meet regulatory or end-user requirements".
Except of course they have to or executives will face jail time, even if it is hosted in Canada.
Given Oracle's History, NSLs and Docile Euro Goverments
...this is clearly Window-Dressing.
Who again provided the seed money for Oracle's startup ?
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes