Microsoft will not take full control of its popular Skype service in China after the end of its joint venture with TOM, contrary to media reports. Reports suggesting Redmond would step in seem to have stemmed from an inaccurate statement posted by TOM last week that Redmond would be taking the reins from 24 November. The error- …
A useful warning
This is why you should be very cautious about what you write (or indeed, have written) in Gmail or Hotmail/Outlook or Yahoo! if you go traveling. It's not just the "five eyes" powers that have passed laws to allow themselves to access to what should be private communications.
Re: A useful warning
What's that word before "communications"?
If you want secure communications, the only way you're getting it is encryption - and of a form where only the recipient has the key. There are a lot of programs that try to make this easy. I don't know any that do video-chat, but I'm sure they exist.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know