The growth in tablet sales combined with a dealer inventory dump-off prior to the release of Windows 8.1 caused PC shipments in Western Europe to drop some 12.8 per cent in the last quarter. Research firm Gartner said the desktop and laptop market in Western Europe was declining faster than expected and would likely continue to …
Let me take an educated guess...
Could it be that Windows 8 sucks on top of the fact that most people NEVER liked using PCs/computers anyway? Tablets are far easier for most people...
To those poor souls tasked with selling PCs into this market
Condolences. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Words from a prophet
And so continueth the endless cycle of consumerism.....amen..
Words from a Profit.
My employer recently offered a tech purchasing scheme with NI discount and repayments through salary over 3 years. The mass of orders generated were for iMacs,Tablets and Laptops. Mostly Apple kit but also many Galaxy Tabs. Folks who wouldn't have even considered giving their kids iPads for Crimble are now paying for several without even noticing. Vendors need to use enticement and easy terms to get anywhere now.
Previously technophobic staff who wouldn't pay £400 for a laptop are spending £1500 without blinking.
So speaketh the profit!
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!