We’re less than two weeks away from the start of the SC13 Student Cluster Competition in Denver. Right now, the 12 student teams are turning over every rock they can find in their hardware and software stack in an effort to eke (and geek) out every last bit of performance. Time is short. In a week or less, they’ll be packing up …
Nvidia are just like Microsoft used to be. Don't see why they cannot just follow standards.
Ohh they're following standards … the wonderful thing about standards, there's so many to choose from.
And that you can make your own.
Standards? NVidia drivers support OpenCL (which is what ATI also uses). NVidia CUDA is not standard, but makes it easy to find some C loops, wrap them a bit, and have them run on the GPU instead of CPU. This was NVidia-specific back when I played with it, I don't know if it still is or just emits some OpenCL.
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Experimental hypersonic SUPERMISSILE destroyed 4 SECONDS after US launched it
- That 8TB Seagate MONSTER? It's HERE... (You'll have to squint, 'cos there are no specs)