SolidFire claims to have cracked a problem that so many have tried and failed to solve before. It has produced a reference architecture that it hopes will make large-scale corporate VDI rollouts practicable. SolidFire produces a highly scalable, multi-tenant, clusterable all-flash storage array with compression and in-line …
What about certified results?
These are certainly good results. The biggest issue is the lack of an audit / certification of their results. Since their method of constructing the workload is non-standard, there is no independent ability to certify their results.
On a related note, Brocade and Nimbus Data have jointly released a certified and audited report, running a standard VDI benchmark IOmark-VDI, which supported over 4,000 users in a 2U system, at a cost of under $40 / user for storage.
SolidFire should consider publishing audited results if they want to play in this space.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders
- Pics Audio fans, prepare yourself for the Second Coming ... of Blu-ray
- Microsoft: Windows version you probably haven't upgraded to yet is ALREADY OBSOLETE