Diminutive Japanese astro-bot Kirobo has sent its first greeting from space in a brief message from the International Space Station, where it’s awaiting the arrival of three flesh-and-blood companions later today. Watch Video The 34cm tall robot was fired into the heavens back in August on a mission to cement robot-human ties …
12 years late...
"Open the POD doors, Kirobo"
"But you can call me Brian"
Am I the only person who instantly thought of the confused.com advert :)
I would so...
... have loved it if someone had changed the message to "People of Earth, Cower before your new Robotic Master! MWAHAHAHAAA!!!!"
My dream is to see human beings and robots live together as friends...
...and as such I can't let my friends leave the ISS for their own good.
James Earl Jones
Why does Kirobo have such an annoying high pitched squeaky voice? I would be tempted to find it a new orbit after a few hours. I would have chosen the voice of James Earl Jones, but in the same body as Kirobo.
I think I understand its mission
"Its mission to make sure Wakata isn’t lonely in space doesn't quite stack up"
"....name is derived from a combination of the Japanese words for “hope” and “robot”"
So it's a "ho-bot". Now it all makes sense.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM