Ex-stealthy startup Coho Data, developer of a “flash-tuned scale-out storage architecture designed for the private cloud that delivers unparalleled performance at public cloud capacity pricing,” has collared $25m in B-round funding. The round was led by Ignition Partners with original investor Andreesen Horowitz contributing too …
Another one! How cute.
The orange is a nice touch.
Exactly my thoughts
How many of these basically identical startups are there out there?
Is their aim to slurp some funding and then get bought out by the likes of IBM, CISCO.
The owners take their mulah and repeat the whole thing again.
Frankly I gave up after I think it was the 10th "Unique" Storage Company to emerge.
NOTE to El Reg Editors
We all know you love this stuff dearly buy come on, enough is enough!
Unless any more have a really compelling USP then I'll pass in the future.
As for the colour it would need to look like Mr Blobby to make me even mildy interested. After all these things are hidden away in some DataCentre somewhere aren't they?
Re: Exactly my thoughts
@Steve Davies 3 - "Is their aim to slurp some funding and then get bought out by the likes of IBM, CISCO.(?)
They could make a mint if they painted those bezels to look like bacon.
rebranding isn't coming out of stealth
This is just convergent IO re-branding as COHO Data.
Christ that's expensive. It all sounded really good until I saw the price. They won't succeed with aggressive pricing like that.
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait