It could only happen at BlackBerry. A white knight rides to the company’s rescue, only for the horse to drop dead underneath him. So much for Prem Watsa’s rescue mission. The man dubbed the “Canadian Warren Buffet” has at last gained control of the company, as “lead director”, but at what cost? Five weeks ago BlackBerry’s board …
From the people who 'patented' QWERTY..
Over priced, under performing and tried suing the market 'cos they 'invented' they keyboard we'd all been using for decades. Can't they just go broke already and free up some shelf space...
Re: From the people who 'patented' QWERTY..
If they go under you'll have companies buying up their patents and suing others.
Zenith for TCFKAR?
Nadir, surely. The handset matters not a bit now, consumer confidence does, and that is simply gone. Their best chance at survival would be to turn BES into a best of breed Enterprise management suite for Droids, Windows phones, and iPhones, focusing on an aspect of the business that still shows higher brain function. Disconnect the life support on the handset business and resurrect as a software and services company, IBM style.
Re: Zenith for TCFKAR?
Zenith of El Reg's journalistic excellence ;-)
- Updated Hidden network packet sniffer in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Students hack Tesla Model S, make all its doors pop open IN MOTION
- RISE of the Jesus Phone MOUNTAIN: Apple orders 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion