It could only happen at BlackBerry. A white knight rides to the company’s rescue, only for the horse to drop dead underneath him. So much for Prem Watsa’s rescue mission. The man dubbed the “Canadian Warren Buffet” has at last gained control of the company, as “lead director”, but at what cost? Five weeks ago BlackBerry’s board …
From the people who 'patented' QWERTY..
Over priced, under performing and tried suing the market 'cos they 'invented' they keyboard we'd all been using for decades. Can't they just go broke already and free up some shelf space...
Re: From the people who 'patented' QWERTY..
If they go under you'll have companies buying up their patents and suing others.
Zenith for TCFKAR?
Nadir, surely. The handset matters not a bit now, consumer confidence does, and that is simply gone. Their best chance at survival would be to turn BES into a best of breed Enterprise management suite for Droids, Windows phones, and iPhones, focusing on an aspect of the business that still shows higher brain function. Disconnect the life support on the handset business and resurrect as a software and services company, IBM style.
Re: Zenith for TCFKAR?
Zenith of El Reg's journalistic excellence ;-)
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Is that a 64-bit ARM Warrior in your pocket? No, it's MIPS64
- Apple to devs: NO slurping users' HEALTH for sale to Dark Powers
- Apple 'fesses up: Rejected from the App Store, dev? THIS is why