It could only happen at BlackBerry. A white knight rides to the company’s rescue, only for the horse to drop dead underneath him. So much for Prem Watsa’s rescue mission. The man dubbed the “Canadian Warren Buffet” has at last gained control of the company, as “lead director”, but at what cost? Five weeks ago BlackBerry’s board …
From the people who 'patented' QWERTY..
Over priced, under performing and tried suing the market 'cos they 'invented' they keyboard we'd all been using for decades. Can't they just go broke already and free up some shelf space...
Re: From the people who 'patented' QWERTY..
If they go under you'll have companies buying up their patents and suing others.
Zenith for TCFKAR?
Nadir, surely. The handset matters not a bit now, consumer confidence does, and that is simply gone. Their best chance at survival would be to turn BES into a best of breed Enterprise management suite for Droids, Windows phones, and iPhones, focusing on an aspect of the business that still shows higher brain function. Disconnect the life support on the handset business and resurrect as a software and services company, IBM style.
Re: Zenith for TCFKAR?
Zenith of El Reg's journalistic excellence ;-)
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Special report Reg probe bombshell: How we HACKED mobile voicemail without a PIN
- RIP net neutrality? FCC boss mulls 'two-speed internet'
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call
- Pic Tooled-up Ryobi girl takes nine-inch grinder to Asus beach babe