Networking giant Cisco and 60GHz 802.11ad Wi-Fi pioneer Wilocity have announced a partnership to collaborate on "new network topologies and a new class of wireless solutions" based on Wilocity's 5Gb/sec wireless technology. The collaboration, announced Wednesday, comes after Cisco kicked in a seven-figure investment in Wilocity …
The engineers have made a fine mess of the alphabet with 802.11_ standards. What letter(s) will be next?
Best earmark a whole bunch of cash to re-invent the WLAN infrastructure again then! The shorter range of 60 GHz tech will mean i have to re-survey, and consider a higher density of devices... after I've probably already 'just' re-surveyed to change from 802.11n omni' antenna to 802.11ac downtilt antenna...
I wonder what best practice for backhaul will be... since it's unlikely that all those Gigabits will fit on a single switchport, over cat5e.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs