Feeds

back to article XP, Win7, Win8, App V…making Microsoft migration simple

XP to 7, XP to 8, anything to App V: changes in the data centre, the need for security, BYOD and impending upgrades mean that many of you are going through a desktop refresh. The potential for disruption and delay is huge: lost settings, migration of data, incompatible legacy apps all turn what should be a bonus for users into a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

I think they make obvious that hardware doesnt matter

It matters most of people staying with windows XP is because

1. Their computer cant upgrade to Windows VIsta since the beginning (obliviously Microsoft intentionally forgot about Vista) as the processor /Memory doesn't deserve it.

2. XP is stable enough to run MS office, read emails and browse internet (most usual office's tasks)

3. Microsoft obviously doesn't care you have to spend a ton of money in RAM memory (if your motherboard allows it) and of course a faster processor with an upgraded video card.. it is the bottom line get more money out of you!

Bronze badge

Here's what puzzles me.

We are not here dealing with the interior design of houses or automobiles. Why does M$oft insist on making such large changes to the user interface? Blender has the same habit. Its interface is a moving target. This misbehavior makes me want to pull what little hair I have left out by its roots! Guys, you really should pick a user interface, even if it is a bad one, and stick to that interface. Why? Because it is an enormous waste of time and effort to re-learn how to do simple tasks after making changes to the user interface. I for one, am sick of it!

This topic is closed for new posts.