Three technological heavyweights have come together to spin-up a radically different supercomputer cluster designed to crunch "big data" workloads rather than the simulation and modeling jobs of typical HPC rigs. The collaboration between Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Intel, and Cray was announced on Monday and sees …
Obligatory response provided below.
Yeah, but can it play Crysis?
I'm concerned about the limited number of writes that Flash memory can take before it dies.
Re: Flash Memory
I guess on something with the size and budget of that beast, you treat SSDs in the same way as the valves in ENIAC: Replace when blown. Carry on.
With that amount of flash memory, I guess (and hope) it has embedded FEC for the inevitable bit errors (or at least some error detection).
- One HUNDRED FAMOUS LADIES exposed NUDE online
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES