Three technological heavyweights have come together to spin-up a radically different supercomputer cluster designed to crunch "big data" workloads rather than the simulation and modeling jobs of typical HPC rigs. The collaboration between Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Intel, and Cray was announced on Monday and sees …
Obligatory response provided below.
Yeah, but can it play Crysis?
I'm concerned about the limited number of writes that Flash memory can take before it dies.
Re: Flash Memory
I guess on something with the size and budget of that beast, you treat SSDs in the same way as the valves in ENIAC: Replace when blown. Carry on.
With that amount of flash memory, I guess (and hope) it has embedded FEC for the inevitable bit errors (or at least some error detection).
- Updated Hidden network packet sniffer in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Students hack Tesla Model S, make all its doors pop open IN MOTION
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion
- US judge: YES, cops or feds so can slurp an ENTIRE Gmail account