Feeds

back to article From Russia with Code: Edward Snowden gets job on website helldesk

NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden has reportedly bagged a job in Russia after fleeing to the former superpower after leaking details of indiscriminate wiretapping being carried out by the US National Security Agency. Snowden's lawyer, Anatoly Kucherena, declined to say which major website's support team Snowden would be working …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

On a mysterious note...

In Snowden' s lawyers office, bags of popcorn pop by themselves from all the microwave radiation thrown at the various electronic devices.

Bronze badge
Joke

freudian much?

Helldesk....tee hee...!

Bronze badge

Re: freudian much?

Why the down vote? Everyone has a first time they hear a joke, even if it's years after everyone else.

Phil, may I also introduce you to "lusers", as an alternative spelling of users.

Bronze badge

Freudian in what way?

> Freudian in what way?

Penis.

Edit: Sorry, I meant "I don't know".

Anonymous Coward

All the best to Mister Snowden. To have to give up your country to see justice done is a nightmare scenario. Yet, it had to be done to have the truth come out.

He's a brave man and should be lauded by every American who treasures their first and fourth amendment rights.

If he only revealed scope of NSA's domestic activities, then with a lot good will you could say so. However, he also revealed a lot of details of foreign activities, and therefore he is just bloody traitor.

Go

Hello helpdesk?

I am sure his helpdesk will be slammed with fan calls. HAhahaha

url

poor form chaps

Why the ad hom "blabbermouth"?

It's not seemly and it doesn't seem in keeping, especially since I'm pretty sure "Mastering the Internet" was reported here way before Snowden got involved.

Is it because he's apparently lifted the entirety of the GCHQ wiki?

Silver badge

Re: poor form chaps

>>Why the ad hom "blabbermouth"?<<

This is The Register - you get a free ad-hom with every public figure (Jobs, Ballmer, etc)

Agreed - a surprising bad end to the article, and make the Reg seem petty and out of touch. I am considering cancelling my subscription...

> Why the ad hom "blabbermouth"?

Because his claim to fame is that he is one.

Bronze badge
Coat

>I am considering cancelling my subscription...

The refund is in the mail...

Have you tried turning it off and back on again? Or better yet to any US Government callers 'have you tried turning it off?"

Big Brother

We tried that already!

But no, the US Government is still malfunctioning after being shut down and restarted.

Edit: D'oh. OP added that bit and beat me to the punch.

Pint

KGB Helpdesk

He has complete access to the entire Russian spy IT network.

Bronze badge

Re: KGB Helpdesk

Wrong. He has access to the honeypot. Think of all the sorting they can get him to do. The Russian spy IT network is paper-based.

Silver badge
Pirate

Hehe.

"...... his lawyer has refused to disclose the exact location of where the blabbermouth is now living." Anyone ask the NSA?

So, which FSB-run venture could he get a token job at?

Oh, I know, the Russian Wikileaks site. It's thoroughly infiltrated, to the point that one of associate has been caught sending information about human rights activists to Belarus' psychopathic dictator Lukashenka.

The person in the photo looks like a woman.

Bronze badge

working on a helpdesk

That sort of punishment will show people what happens to whistleblowers!

Silver badge
Happy

Re: tony2heads Re: working on a helpdesk

"That sort of punishment will show people what happens to whistleblowers!" Better still, at this time of year in Russia I bet Snowjob is missing the weather in Hawaii! That and the massive paycut - I can't see a Russian helpdesk job carrying a $100K salary. And instead of doing probably quite interesting admin work, he's now dealing with Mr Angry complaining about his software not working. Mind you, I suspect the pole dancers might be slightly cheaper dates in Moscow.

FAIL

Would, Mr Fiveash,

that we had more people with the guts to be «blabbermouths» of the Edward Joseph Snowden type ! Alas, they seem to be few and far between. Kudos to Mr Snowden for what he's done and best wishes for his future !...

Henri

This topic is closed for new posts.