back to article Growth, what's that? Storage firms tighten belts as revenues flatline

It’s results round-up day at the Register, with LSI, Mellanox, QLogic, Symantec and WD all filing their quarterly results. Here we go on a numbers blitz: Western Digital reported first fiscal 2014 quarterly revenues of $3.8bn and profits (net income) of $495m from making 62.6 million disk drives with an average selling price …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

And what about Emulex?

Strange that there is no mention of Emulex.

1. Nate Amsden

Re: And what about Emulex?

have they announced yet? just did a quick check all I see is their conference call is on the 30th, so perhaps they haven't released their results (I don't see a sign that they have)

2. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Trollface

This is superland: expect an upwards trend on profits!

Apparently the continuous QE3 monetary inflation effort is not strong enough to get us out of the perma-depression. There are rumors to go Weimar for real now:

The Fed has worked for decades to suppress inflation, but economists, including Janet Yellen, President Obama’s nominee to lead the Fed starting next year, have long argued that a little inflation is particularly valuable when the economy is weak. Rising prices help companies increase profits; rising wages help borrowers repay debts. Inflation also encourages people and businesses to borrow money and spend it more quickly.

Fasten your seatbelt, this economy is going places. I suspect disk drives will be manufactured, bought by government and carted directly to the landfill.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like