It’s results round-up day at the Register, with LSI, Mellanox, QLogic, Symantec and WD all filing their quarterly results. Here we go on a numbers blitz: Western Digital reported first fiscal 2014 quarterly revenues of $3.8bn and profits (net income) of $495m from making 62.6 million disk drives with an average selling price of …
And what about Emulex?
Strange that there is no mention of Emulex.
Re: And what about Emulex?
have they announced yet? just did a quick check all I see is their conference call is on the 30th, so perhaps they haven't released their results (I don't see a sign that they have)
This is superland: expect an upwards trend on profits!
Apparently the continuous QE3 monetary inflation effort is not strong enough to get us out of the perma-depression. There are rumors to go Weimar for real now:
The Fed has worked for decades to suppress inflation, but economists, including Janet Yellen, President Obama’s nominee to lead the Fed starting next year, have long argued that a little inflation is particularly valuable when the economy is weak. Rising prices help companies increase profits; rising wages help borrowers repay debts. Inflation also encourages people and businesses to borrow money and spend it more quickly.
Fasten your seatbelt, this economy is going places. I suspect disk drives will be manufactured, bought by government and carted directly to the landfill.
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE